- Hub creation
- Hub assignation
1. Hub creation
The hub is located at the heart of your operations, you will find where to define the hub(s) under Administration > Platform > Hubs.
To add a hub, click on the 'Add'-button.
When defining a new hub, you will need to add the following information.
- Name of the hub
- Address or longitude/latitude
- Start time (click on the tab "rounds"): defines when the drivers for this hub have to start his round.
There are 4 ways to define time constraints:
- No constraints on time
- Start in x minutes from now: the exact number of minutes from when the delivery person should start the round
- Set start earliest time: the round can't start before the scheduled time (a specific time)
- Start of time window: one slot, e.g. 14:00 - 18:00
❗ When using the planning module (configured at the flow level), you will have an extra tab "Timeslots" which allows you to define specific timeslots for specific days of week by cliking on the "add"-button.
In this section, these are the informations to provide:
- The start and the end of a timewindow
- The corresponding weekday(s)
- Add a vehicule
- Optionally you can also limit a timeslot to authorized zip codes and zones
2. Hub assignation
You can use multiple hubs. Be sure to include them in your optimization via the menu Administration > Optimisations > General > Hub. Once you created the hub, you can define rules to assign tasks to the hub.
There are 5 choices to assign tasks to a hub.
- Specific hub: this option enables you to choose a specific hub to assign tasks to.
- Closest hub: this option will assign the ideal hub, based on the tasks' final destination.
- Allow the optimizer to choose the best hub: with this option, tasks won't have a hub assigned until the optimisation is launched. Urbantz will choose the best hub for the task according to the fleet capacity available per hub.
- Rule based hub assignation: this option allows the user to use simple hub assignation rules. See more information below.
In this example, all tasks with the postal code '1020' will be assigned to the hub "Hub Atomium".
- Simple rule-based hub assignation: this option allows you to map de value of the selected field to the hub name.