You can send SMS to delivery recipients or regarding pick-ups using Urbantz. Contact us so that we configure your platform accordingly.
- Provider choice
- Activation of the SMS notification feature in Urbantz
1. Provider choice
There are two possibilities:
1. You can use our provider. We negotiated advantageous fares that are available upon request. For further information please reach out to your Account Manager or Customer Success Manager.
2. You can use a provider of your choice. We are compatible with a large number of systems that support the HTTP protocol. Depending on the provider, you will need to provide us with at least the following information for the setup:
- API key
- Secret key (or token)
- The phone number from which the SMS will be sent
- HTTP endpoint
- HTTP method
2. Activation of the SMS notification service in Urbantz
To activate the SMS notification service, reach out to your Customer Success Manager. If you use our provider, we have all the information we need. If you are using your own provider, we need the information listed above from you.
Once the service is activated, you can proceed with the configuration of the messages as such.
To learn more about how to configure notifications, the different types of notifications that exist and their setup, please have a look at the following article "SMS and e-mail notifications - set up, types and triggers".
ℹ️ You will notice that on the right side of the configuration screen you have the possibility to test SMS notifications (Administration > Platform > Messaging). Introduce your phone number, add any random message and click on "Send Test SMS".