A HUB is the logistics center of a specific area. It is a hive of activity for both national and international transport, logistics and goods distribution. Many intermediaries are associated with a particular hub. The most important fact about a HUB—in this context—is that this is the place where everything starts for the Urbantz-solution.
❗ In order for your HUB to be operational, you'll need to insert the requested information. Only the fields with an asterisk are mandatory.
1. General information about the platform
- Name of the HUB
- Address or latitude and a longitude
- A specific description
- A phone number
- An external ID
- A hub ID
2. Contact details of the manager (of the platform)
- Name of the person
- Phone number
3. Start time of that specific hub
- No constraints on time
- Start in X minutes from now—the exact number of minutes from when the driver should start the round
- Set start the earliest time
- Start of time window, e.g., 08:00 - 17:00
This function allows drivers to work offline in Urbantz, especially during the preparation phase.
- The checklist
- Do the scans of the tasks/parcels
5. Round numbering
Selecting this option allows the defining of a specific round numbering for a hub.
6. Timeslots - this section is only visible if you have activated the planning feature.
In this section, you can define timeslots for specific weekday(s) for a specific hub.
- The start and the end of a time-window
- The corresponding weekday(s)
- Add a vehicle
- Cutoff time. If added, it will only be possible to reserve a timeslot before the cutoff time set for that specific timeslot
- In addition, you can also limit a time slot to authorized zip codes and zones
- And ultimately, dates can be blocked. With this option, certain days can be blocked to add exceptions to timeslots. When blocking dates: your capacity will be set to 0 on the selected days and task assignment won't be possible.
Also on this page, the Hub QR can be found by clicking on the QR: