- How to create zones
- Usage options
1. How to create a zone
By default, when you open the Zones tab (Administration > Platform > Zones), the map is centred around the headquarter of the company, configured in General> Contact, which is highlighted by a building icon.
On the left side of the screen, a map is displayed and on the right side, you can see the list of existing zones and a possibility to filter.
To draw a zone you need to click on the hexagon icon in the top left corner of the map. Then place your cursor on a border point of the zone you want to draw and repeat until the zone is completed. If you misdrew the zone, you can move the white points on the map to correct the zone drawing.
To finalize double-click. This action will trigger a pop-up allowing you to name the zone and link it to a hub of your choice (optional).
Below you can see an example with different zones, for different hubs.
1. The colour that the zone will be displayed in on the map
2. Show/hide a zone
3. Edit: chose zone colour, adapt name or linked hub and delete the zone
2. Usage options
- Drivers can be assigned to preferred (but not exclusive) zones if the classical fleet assignation is used (Optimisation setup)
- Planning: timeslots can be made available (or not) to your customers based on zones
- Optimisations can be split using zones (eg. north vs. south of a city) - ask your CSM for advice