- What is metadata?
- How to create metadata?
- Understanding metadata fields
- Conditional metadata
1) What is metadata?
Metadata is data used to define or describe another piece of data regardless of its medium.
Metadata contains custom information that you can add on tasks, items, or rounds and which can be defined based on your specific requirements.
Metadata can be very useful to push or receive additional information about a task, items, or round. It can also be used to ask for details from drivers at the start or end of the round or to get specific comments.
The metadata allows you to go further on the basic settings you can set up on your platform.
2) How to create your metadata?
They can be created and configured in ADMINISTRATION > PLATFORM > METADATA
This is how it looks :
3) Understanding metadata fields
1 . Field Name
The name of the metadata (without spaces; '_' is allowed ). If you want to create conditional metadata, do not forget that the way the name of the metadata is written is important.
To which data this metadata will be linked to: Round / Task / Item (more details below).
3. Provided on
The stage in the process in which this metadata will be requested.
"Provided on" will be different for Round / Task / Item
> For Rounds - All metadata will be available in the round info.
- Create/Update (automatically) = When a round is created/updated
- Start (Manual) = When the driver starts the round
- End (Manual) = When the driver completes the round
- Prepare (manually) = When the driver is preparing the round
> For Task - All metadata will be available in the task info.
- Announcement = When the task is announced
- Delivery = When the driver is performing the delivery of that task
- Delivery successful = When the driver marks the task as 'Successful'
- Delivery Failed = When the driver marks the task as 'Failed'
- Survey = After the task has been successfully performed, for the recipient to fill in
- DropOff successful = When the driver marks the dropoff as 'Successful' at the collection point
> For Item - All metadata will be available in the item info.
- Announcement = When the item is announced
- Delivery = When the driver is performing the delivery of that item
- Delivery successful = When the driver marks the item as 'Successful'
- Delivery failed = When the driver marks the item as 'failed'
- Dispatch = When the dispatcher is dispatching the items
- Preparation = When the driver is preparing the items
- DropOff successful = When the driver marks the dropoff of the item as 'Successful' at the collection point
4. Field type
The format the metadata is needed in.
There are multiple "Field type" availabilities, these are just a few of them :
- Boolean = YES or NO (considered as a true or false)
- Text = Free text
- Selection = Selection between various values. To enter a new value, just type it in the field planned for that and press enter to validate it.
- Multiple pictures = Set a minimum and maximum amount of pictures to be taken for this metadata
- Multiples signatures = Set a minimum and maximum amount of signatures to be taken for this metadata
|5. Visible for||Regarding who will see the details of that metadata.|
Allow in notification
|The answer to this metadata is mandatory.
This means, that any additional data that you collect here via the metadata, will appear in the variables or as an available attachement in messaging.
|7. Description||Here you can choose a language and write a text. This is the text that will appear in the mobile app and the platform, describing the metadata. You can add multiple languages and write the text next to it accordingly.|
4) Conditional metadata
Conditional metadata is metadata that is linked to another. Conditional metadata will be displayed according to the answer of the metadata it is linked to. Metadata can be configured per-flow or per sender if needed.
If the driver answers that metadata 1 "Do you have a full gas tank?" = No, then it will trigger the metadata 2 "gas tank level" and metadata 3 "take a picture of gas tank level" that is linked to it to pop up.
(Remember: The red asterisk means the metadata is REQUIRED)
To set up conditional metadata, please contact your CSM or your Urbantz Support team.